Monday, July 19, 2010

Week 8

8 July 2010

So everyone! Transfers were this week so I am emailing you now. Elder Stringham got transfered to Bolton which is one of the dodgiest places in England and the mission. He has already served in the other dodgy place but ya its interesting.

My new companion is Elder Metsaranta from Finland. (Ask Dana for details) Here is a picture I promised her of him. I just sent home my memory card to Adrienne as we talked about so hopefully you can see all of the grounds of the Temple and Stoke that are there. Thanks for this Gigaware thing-its amazing! It immediately downloads the pictures and everything at about the click. So much better than that random camera chord that Elder Stringham had.

So I have about 5 mins because this is a shorter time period day so I will share with you more from my studies.

I just read Alma 5 so I feel rebuked. But I was reading in the first chapter of PMG page 10 of "Establishing the Church". We read a lot of times in the Book of Mormon and ESPECIALLY in the first bits of Alma where he "Established the Church in the city of Zarahemla, Gideon, Mahek? and plenty other cities. Now this was not just Alma going there and saying to a couple followers 'Here is your church' and leaving. That isn't establishing. The Definition of Establish is given on page 10 of PMG and what we all need to do to continue to have an established branch, ward, or church in our area. I will let you talk about that amongst yourselves and see what thoughts you have about it. While you do your scripture reading also, I challenge you to look for other things Alma or the other prophets have done to ESTABLISH the church in their times.

I love you,
Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment