Thursday, March 17, 2011

Week 40

So we just had transfers yesterday and Elder Sandor is gone, I am here and Elder Peavler from Bliss, Idaho is here with me. He has been out quite some time and it is great to have his experience here helping me out. I haven't had much help in the teaching process recently so I will have to adjust the way I have been teaching. Elder Sandor was great, but he was a recent convert himself so we had some funny teaching styles...So Blackburn will be at least a 6 month area for me. So I am happy about that!

Last week we had a baptism of Barry so I hope you like the pictures. It was definitely a new experience, being the one in the water with him...I was thinking back and I think I used my priesthood more this past weekend in ordinances/setting aparts/blessings than I have since I received it. It got me thinking while I was passing the sacrament of the importance of the priesthood and the words of the Saviour in 3 Nephi about Priesthood, Baptism, and Sacrament. After church we were called in to help set people apart in their callings. Barry is already excited to get in the temple.

Since January I have been doing a study of PMG cover to cover and reading/doing/studying every scripture reference and activity inside its pages. I am only on page 67, and something I have learned is that PMG is jam packed full of information. I have read through the Gospel of Jesus Christ over the past couple of days and have felt really impressed by its words under Faith and Repentance. PMG is modern day scripture. It is the wording and teachings of modern day Apostles and Prophets. They approved every page. They accepted and stamped their testimonies all over it. If you go to LDS.org you can read an internet copy, but to be completely honest, you should all have one for yourself. There is no reason really not to own one. Make it apart of your EVERY DAY study. And if you are not studying as much as you should have, start with this. It will help you get started.

The power I have felt in PMG during the DMs I have had to conduct at is incredible and I am so greatful that I do not have to rely on my own understanding because while informative, I know it probably would not be exactly what the missionaries needed to hear.
I love you all! Keep up the good work!
Elder Blackburn


The first one is Barry and I obviously.
The second is Elder Sandor, Barry, Andrew (recent convert who gave us Barry's referral), and myself. The third one is the same, haha Andrew does not like his picture being taken.

The fourth one is Ben Sandham who is being baptised this Saturday. He is great.

love you all!
Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment