Friday, April 8, 2011

Week 43

Hello Everyone,

General conference was great. It still urks me that I cannot see the Sunday Afternoon Broadcast because it goes from 9-11 here and apparently that is too late for us =/. But besides that, we are able to see everything else and it is/was amazing! We learned from Elder L. Tom Perry that not only is the sacrament important to keep the sabbath day holy, but actually GOING to the house of Prayer is apart of worship and worship is a part of the Keep the Sabbath Day Holy. "That thou mayest more fully keep thyself unspotted from the world, Thou shalt go up to the House of Prayer upon My Holy Day." Why do we go? To worship. To offer up our oblations and our sacraments.

We learned a lot about service and also about overcoming trials. We learned in more detail how Faith, Hope, and Charity are a trifecta all centered on Jesus Christ. We learned about light and revelation from Elder Bednar. We learned about the Plan of Salvation from Paul V. Johnson. We learned about marriage from our beloved prophet. We learned about a lot and I didn't even get to see Elder Holland.

It was really great and if you missed it...well to your own destruction...You can still catch up. Your Choice.

I love you all!

Elder Blackburn

PS: I found a WW1 Memorial with a man on it named Blackburn, T. From Accrington, England which is where I live outside of Blackburn. I took a picture of it, but for some reason my connecter isn't working =[

No comments:

Post a Comment