Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Week Two

Hello mommy =D,

Things are great here. It truly is a blessing being here in the MTC. We went into the city of Manchester the other day for a first time out experience and lets just say, I stick by my slogan of I HATE CITY LIFE. lol. Manchester has some old buildings, but their train stations are like our airports and are 10X busier. I was split up with an Elder Schwalbe who can say hello and, I dont know English. SO haha it was me and a guy that pointed at people dead on to talk to. It was a good experience and I definitely have some growing to do before I walk up to just anyone. But we teach everyone and that is something to remember.

I try to apply different aspects I learned from work into my work. I think if I am ever asked to give a talk in sacrament meeting, it will be about how the members of the ward need to step it up. Members need to be better. Our family can do better, take this as a challenge to be the family that brings in 10 others this year. It can happen. We can have lessons in our home and you do it all the time, you are not the worst ones we have heard of, but the fact that we have heard of better should make us want to strive for more.

The lord is preparing the hearts of many and one way he is doing that and the easiest way he does that is not by sending them bills or foreclosure statements. It is by having them come in contact with members! The Gospel is a WARM MARKET approach when it is BEST put into action. That is why we love to have members give referrals! Any missionary will tell you that Tracting is the WORST way to proselyte! I can testify to you all. That if you are looking for those opportunities that each one of our family members can bring at least 1 into the gospel and the one that gets this the best will bring 3 or 4! I know you can do that.

With that being said Elder Cook spoke to us last night. That is Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He was here filming his testimony by the River Ribble and Downham where the saints set sail for America after hearing the call to Kirtland. He spoke about how in 1837 when the first Baptisms were performed in England that there was a depression much worse than this one. This is about a 60% drop at worst. 1837 dropped about 80% and houses were 1/5th the price they had been in 1836 so with that said there is one similarity to now. Also the young Queen Victoria at age 17 focused more conservatively on the family and if you have been prying into my life you would know that the British Government was in a hung parliament and that the Conservatives are in power for the first time in over a decade. He spoke of how great and how clean England was from Queen Victoria to WW1 and then WW2 came around people lost faith over here. The destruction to their lives so terrible by the wickedness of that day that they lost faith and hope.

Hearts are being turned and his message was that England is on the verge of a spiritual renewal. I had felt that ever since I was here. I had this feeling that, in my words, England is going to get a wake up call. Whether it was just by me or my whole mission. I know now that my feelings are confirmed by an Apostle of the Lord to hold on to your seats! This is going to be crazy.

Bob was right about the diversity of this city. Every single person i spoke to was Muslim! It is very hard to teach I have found for myself people that believe Jesus Christ was a prophet instead of a Saviour.

I still have an American accent, but I am working on my terminology =D. We hoover(vacuum) the whole main floor for service and then have one of the upstairs bathrooms. I am not really sure what else to talk about...

Oh, ok. Well I mentioned earlier that we were split up. Well Elder Richards was split up with someone that could at least speak English so he had great success. I was a tad envious of him, but he got 5 people out of that and taught the restoration 4 out of those 5 times and did a fantastic job. He just opened his mouth! He was great!

I love you all very much! I pray for you and am so glad when I hear from you! We only have 30 mins to write hwile in the MTC and I leave next Wednesday and so this is probably my last email for awhile considering wednesday is our email days and we wont have that next week...


TIMES UP!

I LOVE YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment