Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Out of the MTC and Into the Field!

27 May 2010

Hey!

Haha yes you did...I am here in Stoke-On-Trent more commonly known as Stoke and my trainer is Elder Stringham. He is great. I picked him up and gave him a big bear hug when they called him out because he is about 5'8"...anyways the library computers here are pretty good. The city of Stoke is a mix between San Francisco and Seattle =P. We live near the top of one of the biggest hills and walk down into one of the city centers to do most of our work so far. Our area is huge and there is no way we will get to all of it obviously, but we stay near the Terrace Housing and what not. Our Flat is around a place called Hartshill if you want to look it up...its near the left side of Stoke...If you find the A52, you are close.

Anyways, here is the exciting news. We have a baptism on Saturday. His name is James and he is 61 and his interview went off without any trouble. The ward here has some members that are pretty helpful and I have met a couple. Our next investigator is Mark and he has been taught nearly everything, but is afraid if he gets baptised and then meets a girl he will have trouble with the WoW and Chastity so we are mainly talking about Faith and Ether 12:27 right now. So I am excited because we could have a couple baptisms coming up in a couple weeks. We have some investigators that we are meeting with tonight and then going over to a families house for 'tea' aka dinner...

after that we are going to Jared's =D and then we are going to Clyve's Flat who lives really close to us.

Tracting is interesting, because I am not very good at it, but I dont struggle doing it. Street contacting is a completely different thing, but I am learning to just say something and then go with it!

My P-Days are monday but next week is something funky so I will be emailing on Tuesdayish...We also have Zone Conference this week and I have been sent here just in time because President Bullock has planned an overnight Zone Conference with half the mission in some scout camp where we will be playing a bunch of sports and what not...That will be interesting. I didnt tell you but I twisted my ankle pretty bad in the MTC haha and so it is just about healed.

Alright, so what is happening with the IRS thing? They have dropped everything?...whats up?
Also, I am not feelin the love from Dana! haha Whats up with that?! Erika has even written me!

Tanner will do great on the trek. You dont have to run the 7 miles! =D Start at the front and wave at people as they walk past you around 3 or 4 and party in the back the last mile! and trust me, at least he isn't trying to keep up with Elder Stringham...I might have 6 inches of longer legs than he does, but man! he books it! and like I said its a mix of San Francisco (HIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLSSSS) and Seattle (RAIIIIIN) but there is no AC here so we want rain or really cold clear skies every day cuz we both hate the heat so thats good...lol

I know you are asking for personal experiences or spiritual experiences, but I have felt the spirit so often, I am not really sure what to write and the last two days have sort of been a blurr. I can say I am thankful for all of the trials in my life that have shaped me to this point to gain a testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. The Plan of Salvation is a perfect plan without flaw and that we will be able to return to live with our family again if we do what God has commanded. Whether it is Grandpa's, Grandma's, Parents, siblings, children, or cousins, we can find peace in knowing that we can be with them forever. I have always known Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and the Book of Mormon is physical evidence of the power God gave him from on High. The only reason we are here on earth is not to just return to live with God again, or we would have never left, it is to return to live with God again in a state Better than we were before, with the option of more eternal growth. Jesus Christ made this all possible when he suffered "in the flesh" or as a human in the Garden of Gethsemane and again on the cross. He had power over death and willingly submitted his life. Man could not kill him. He was then resurrected and made it possible for all of us when that Great Day comes to do the same. He did this with all glory to the Father. These truths were all lost with the apostasy and brought back. That is why the confusion exists today in the world. It is more than just unbelief, it is utter confusion...That is why Joseph Smith was called to Restore all truths as a Prophet of God. The Book of Mormon is the Keystone of our religion because it proves Joseph Smith was a Prophet of divine inspiration. It teaches of Jesus Christ and if Joseph Smith was a Prophet this Church is true.

Well I know Joseph Smith was and is a Prophet and this is the Lord's Kingdom on the earth today. We teach of Jesus Christ and everything else in our church is merely an appendage of His teachings. I love you all. That is why I am here.

I want to give you all hugs and see your smiles and faces, but just know that you will see me soon =D



I love you.

Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment