Monday, May 16, 2011

May 16

What did you expect? April was gorgeous for some reason but May...well it is a little...damp...That picture with Elder Packer if taken an hour later would have shown us all looking like wet dogs because we then ate and took the train back (which there were about 10 of us and 1 really angry woman and that was just comical...some children of God...haha) and when we got to Ashton the skies went black and it was darker than it is at 9 here at about 3 o'clock. No amount of sunshine was getting through anywhere for a long while. and ever since the sun has been spotty at best. Today and yesterday looks like it will be what I call Diligent Mist. I have missed it since last fall. Get it? Anyone? yeah? Alright I can count on Tanner =D.
But we were finding for most of the week. The shoes I bought 2 1/2 weeks ago are basically goners and a sister in the ward got me a new pair for £8 which I paid her back for. No worries.
Yesterday though we saw some great miracles. We have been struggling with getting members to come out with us here in the Ashton Zone and especially our district. So yesterday we finally had some lined up and we first taught Jade and Lisa. Jade is 20 and has a 6 month old son and Lisa is 17 and from Blackpool. They both accepted dates and are hopefully reading the Book of Mormon as we speak. We then went home for Tea to call some more members and another member came with us to a "far away" part of our area and we taught another girl but because she said she has 2 vicious dogs we taught her on the doorstep in the rain. She is named Halley and is 18. She works a lot but she accepted a baptismal date as well for the 4th of June. It was a great miracle to pay off for our hard work for the rest of the week.
I love you all.
So I tried to plug my camera in and maybe it is the computers or maybe it is my chord. I think it is the computer though because the chord looks fine. I will try next time.
Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment