Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 24

Hello family...My companion needed more time so he bought me more time too haha. Buying time...so weird. I would never do that (but maybe Bob would ZING...HAHA sorry...I know I am 4000 miles away, but I know I put a smile on about 15 peoples faces right there too!) but anyways moving on, I was searching various talks from the previous general conference and found this one. Elder Holland's. It is true and everyone needs to devoting their free time. We hear it over and over again but if a day goes by with you not picking up your scriptures, your spirit is feeling like your body does when you fast. It really is that simple...It is being starved and you will die eventually because we will be too weak to defend, to stand tall, to fight valiantly for the standard we are called to bear. I love you all. Ask for help. If not from me or family, from God. Then he will send us to help you in answer to your prayer.
"Obviously as the path of discipleship ascends, that trail gets ever more narrow until we come to that knee-buckling pinnacle of the sermon of which Elder Christofferson just spoke: “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” 13 What was gentle in the lowlands of initial loyalty becomes deeply strenuous and very demanding at the summit of true discipleship. Clearly anyone who thinks Jesus taught no-fault theology did not read the fine print in the contract! No, in matters of discipleship the Church is not a fast-food outlet; we can’t always have it “our way.” Some day every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ and that salvation can only come His way."
I love you.
Elder Blackburn
PS: not sure what has happened to the print...haha
PSS: or PPS:? Not sure, A quote from President Harold B. Lee from the same talk. -> "The Gospel is to comfort the Afflicted and to Afflict the Comfortable."
=P I LOVE YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment