Monday, July 25, 2011

July 25, 2011 Wales is COLD! Stinkin mountains...=P

Here are some quotes from Joseph Smith that I stuck out to me while I was browsing them. I especially like the last one. If we want to go where God is, We have to be like God...Families can be together forever, but only if we as individuals are pulling ourselves closer each and every day to our Father and His Son.

Hell may pour forth its rage like the burning lava of Mount Vesuvius . . . and yet shall "Mormonism" stand. . . . God is the author of it. He is our shield. . . . It was by Him we received the Book of Mormon; and it is by Him that we remain unto this day; and by Him we shall remain, if it shall be for our glory; and in His Almighty name we are determined to endure tribulation as good soldiers unto the end.
Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, sel. Joseph Fielding Smith (1976), 139.

Brethren, some of you are angry with me, because you did not fight in Missouri; but let me tell you, God did not want you to fight. He could not organize his kingdom with twelve men to open the gospel door to the nations of the earth, and with seventy men under their direction to follow in their tracks, unless he took them from a body of men who had offered their lives, and who had made as great a sacrifice as did Abraham. Now, the Lord has got his Twelve and his Seventy, and there will be other quorums of Seventies called, who will make the sacrifice, and those who have not made their sacrifices and their offerings now, will make them hereafter.
Quoted in Joseph Young Sr., History of the Organization of the Seventies (1878), 14.
I defy all the world to destroy the work of God; and I prophesy they never will have power to kill me till my work is accomplished, and I am ready to die.
History of the Church, 6:58.

I know not why; but for some reason I am constrained to hasten my preparations, and to confer upon the Twelve all the ordinances, keys, covenants, endowments, and sealing ordinances of the priesthood, and so set before them a pattern in all things pertaining to the sanctuary and the endowment therein.
Quoted by Parley P. Pratt in "Proclamation to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints," Millennial Star, Mar. 1845, 151.

I shall speak with authority of the Priesthood in the name of the Lord God, which shall prove a savor of life unto life, or of death unto death. . . . If you wish to go where God is, you must be like God, or possess the principles which God possesses, for if we are not drawing towards God in principle, we are going from Him and drawing towards the devil. . . . Search your hearts, and see if you are like God. I have searched mine, and feel to repent of all my sins.
History of the Church, 4:588; paragraph divisions altered.


I love you all. Wrexham is doing well. Our investigator Elaine is being baptized this coming Saturday the 30th of July. Elder Webb will hopefully be able to baptist her or else I will be doing it. The gospel never stops spreading. Everyday someone else is accepting the Spirits invitation to "Come Unto Christ".

I love you, hope to hear from you,

Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment