Monday, September 19, 2011

September 19, 2011 Hello Ye Blessed!

Alma 26 Anyone? no? yes?

The blessings are amazing this week. If you do not see, hear, FEEL, and acknowledge those blessings I do not know another way the Lord can try and get your attention you stubborn family! I call you stubborn because I can and because I know the Walton/Blackburn blood runs through your veins whether hereditarily or by marriage you acquired some of it! How have your prayers been this week? Have you marvelled at the blessings the second the Lord chooses to intervene? How his timing is more perfect than all else? If you are really wondering how it all happened maybe you feel like Enos.

"Enos 1:5 And there came a avoice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are bforgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed.
6 And I, Enos, knew that God acould not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away.
7 And I said: Lord, how is it done?
8 And he said unto me: aBecause of thy bfaith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen. And many years pass away before he shall manifest himself in the flesh; wherefore, go to, thy faith hath made thee cwhole."

Because of your Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ whom you have never before heard nor seen. Go To, Your Faith has made you whole. Go To? What does that mean. Well, in Enos' case it could be Go and start actually hunting before you die, but I do not think that is the case. More or less it means go and start progressing. Don't just stand here and be in awe, but go and better your situations! BECOME what God would have you BECOME. Begin now enduring with a new resolve to not make the same mistakes or to take these blessings and talents and gifts that he has given us and improve on them. Continue from this point Enduring to the End.

The Gospel we teach, live, and love, is FAITH, REPENTANCE, BAPTISM, GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST, ENDURE TO THE END. Well, what happens after we are baptised and confirmed and try our best and fail? Well guess what, its necessary that you fail at SOMETHING in this life or else you would never humble yourselves to need Christ. Why will every knee bow someday? They will understand their need for Christ. Enos was already a member. His path and our path is now FAITH, REPENTANCE, SACRAMENT, OBEDIENCE...That is ENDURING TO THE END.
So, my brothers, sisters, mother, father, grandfather, cousins, aunts, uncles, and NIECE- GO TO, Thy Faith hath and WILL make you whole.

I love you,
Elder Blackburn

PS: Some blessings I saw this week here in Wrexham.
1. 12 new investigators...our goals are normally 4.
2. Bike is fixed
3. Theory Test is passed for my UK drivers license. ( I am almost a left road master)
4. Understanding Authority of a District Leader a little more even though I should have known this 6 months ago...
5. Elder Gordon is almost not scared of talking to people. I think it may just be nerves and now we can actually start being excited! WOO! haha
6. Dana sent me AdvoCare and I am officially doing a hefty diet this week! LOVE WEIGHTLOSS GOALS! PMG chapter 8. Learn how to reach our goals! =D
7. Lilly is beautiful.
8. House is sold.
LOVE ALL OF YOU
Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment