Monday, October 10, 2011

October 10, 2011

Hello Family,

This was a quick four days of work since I last emailed you. I hope the move is going well. It is October 10th so I am officially homeless. I might as well set up camp on this side of the pond eh? Elder Gordon and I stayed together and we have set personal and transfer goals for the next 6 weeks. I just finished Doctrine and Covenants yesterday. And that means that I have 1 more read through the Pearl of Great Price and The Book of Mormon and then I would have finished my mission goals of the scriptures. BoM-6, D&C-4, PoGP-4, NT-2, OT-1. I finished the other missionary library books last winter and I just want to let you know that all that is the word of God unto us in this generation and until we poor ourselves over these which we have, no more will be given to us. It is up to us to help God bless us via our prayers and our personal study. 2 Nephi 32 sheds insight on the importance of reading the scriptures. The whole short chapter is a discourse on how our studies should be and puts extra emphasis on the words we hear and read and learn daily and weekly and semi-annually.

The people of Nephi's time were pondering and wondering what they were to do after they entered in by the way or after they were baptised...He asked why are you puzzled about this? Did I not already tell you that the Holy Ghost will teach you all things you will need to do? Angels (PS: you can be one) speak by the power of the Holy Ghost which are the words of Christ! Wherefore...or in other words...SOOO THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU NEED TO DO!!!! Feast upon the words of Christ for the Words of Christ will teach you all things you need to do.

I stand by Elder Richard G. Scott when he is discussing the power of scripture. Each sacred book of scripture when you are reading it to find something that can help you in your life is 1) interesting...2) powerful and 3) a friend in time of need. Search them. Ponder deeply over them. And begin to understand the mysteries given you in the temple and strengthen your testimony that they are Eternal tokens that your God has given you. Do this with prayer as Nephi also instructs in verses 8-9 and you will be successful. God mourns, His servants mourn, and your spirit starves when you do not feast upon the words of Christ.  You have seen what I have done and I haven't even scratched the surface of what God is willing to give me. Just be Obedient.

I love you all.

Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment