Wednesday, October 5, 2011

October 5, 2011 Well...con​ference and other things!

Hello Family,



I got a lot out of conference this week. Also we had Training camp this past week for all of the new missionaries and their trainers. It was better than the last one because last time the trainers just went finding in an area they knew nothing about and had never worked on before. Last week was the hottest it has been in 2011. But don't worry I am not getting spoiled. It is back to British weather and is supposed to snow in 2 days. It was close to 30 Degrees Celsius last week. It will be below 0 by the end of this week...So ya...Right now it is just really windy which makes bike riding near to impossible. Elder Gordon and I are staying together for the next transfer as well. So it looks like the Lord wants me to get my license here in Wrexham rather than anywhere else before I move on. We will see. I would rather do it in a less hilly place/remote place but oh well. I haven't taken any lessons this past transfer as I was working just on my theory. But that is that goal for ya. We shall see. President Kopischke of the Area Presidency is coming in a couple weeks to see the mission. One of the early check ups on President Preston we assume =D.



But besides that...I had a good study this morning. I was thinking about D&C 107, PMG 19, and My Patriarchal Blessing.



Covenants are not an Earthly Life sorta thing. They are an Eternal Life sorta thing. We made covenants with Heavenly Father before this life, (namely one that we would return to live with him again) and need to make them in this life. And if we do and keep them, we will then be able to make many more after this life, which, by keeping them, give us the power to progress throughout the eternities. God cannot and will not break his side of the covenant, so let us develop the faith to keep our side with exactness so we can obtain all the blessings our God wills to give us.



I learned a lot from General Conference. The one quote I liked was this-



Eliza R. Snow (part or something along this line)-"Seek Wisdom and not power, and then you will be given all the Power that your Wisdom can Exercise."



It is true.



I love you all and hope you are doing well,



Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment