Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November 16, 2011

Hello Everyone,

It was transfers this week and so I got moved...again...the transfer of Christmas...It was heart wrenching but my companion and I have both served in Wrexham and his name is Elder Hughes. He is from Oklahoma and has been out since 3 months after me. He is my Senior companion now and we are in a Car. This is my third time back in the Ashton Zone, but with a little more responsibility than the previous times.

The sisters I came out with go home today which is a really weird thought. Both Sister R. and T. Kullick were there and it was great to see how happy they were. Sister T. Kullick went to the scotland ireland mission. She got a little taste of what it is like to have a REALLY good mission today =D. My MTC companion is the Assistant up there now. I wrote him last week. He is a great missionary. Our Scottish Assistant goes home today after serving here for 9 months. We will miss the thick accent.

Mary (Tan Mungroe) was crushed that I was leaving...along with a lot of the members which started over the past 2 weeks to really open up to me FINALLY. But I think we have completely dissolved a missionaries name who destroyed the missionary work here just over a year ago. My new companion was the first on the scene to clean it up and I think I helped finish it. Elder Gordon's new companion is.....CHINESE so Mary is not that sad. She is excited to have a Chinese speaking missionary. I am grateful for revelation and common sense that the Lord gives our leaders. We have recently set a goal of how many baptisms we want before the end of the year. We added them up and last week for sports day we got the total. I guessed a high number of about 165. Well the goal is 281. CRAZY. I was shocked because we have only baptised about 250 this year all together. So we are really hoping for a white christmas. It will be here in Ashton for sure!

We had an amazing last week. For a ward who has not trusted missionaries a lot this past year because of a bad tater last winter, Wrexham Ward has warmed up nicely to us. We had 3 lessons in members homes this past week and 2 at the chapel. Mary is doing SO GOOD. I am so proud of her and the trust she has in us and the love the members have shown her. But I want to share a story that happened last night. Alex is turning 16 next month, Jess is his sister and is 19. They both joined the church about 4 years ago with their mom and brother. Jess is less active now, but last night she brought a friend named Vikki who is 17. We taught them at the chapel the Restoration. We did the Spirit Formula and by the end you could feel the spirit so strong. Jess and Vikki were both in tears and although we were teaching Vikki, Jess says, "I need to change. I know I need to change and put things right. I know from that (First Vision) right there that I need to get everything in order." Vikki then says, "I know it's true. I know I need to follow it. I need to talk to my mom and put my foot down." I am greatful for how Heavenly Father backs up His Prophets and testifies of the truth.

There is a lot more to say but no time today. I got transferred though so everyone wants to send their packages for me to the mission office ok!? =P I say everyone because I am hoping it is more than just mom =P

I LOVE YOU

Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment