Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21, 2011

Hello Family!

It has been an interesting couple of days. Today is the first time I have seen the sun since I emailed you last. I was asked to sing as a solo/quartet/choir yesterday without practicing and without a voice in the Ashton Stake Conference. It went ok. I was singing a lot with Elder Gordon the music that Hermana Blackburn sent me last Christmas because he can play the Piano really well and we were wanting to sing some new songs for our members. It was good, but I think with the singing practice and what not during our extra companionship study time the last two days of the transfer and the cold/wet/wind I got sick. Didn't stop working, but it wasn't pretty. We set up 30 appointments this week here in Oldham so we were still effective, but it still wasn't pretty. Elder Hughes got a little sick as well. Elder Hughes is from Oklahoma. He is an OSU Cowboy. His family is from the Polynesian/Phillipino Islands somewhere long back, but he can understand Tagalog a little. He can't speak it though. We are really happy to be working together. Or at least I am happy to be working with him. =P Oldham ward is a great ward from all aspects I can tell with missionary work. I will miss the people in Wrexham. (Basically had my Christmas mapped out already, but OH WELL)...I got a car and so I won't get hypothermia this year! WOOHOO. The thing about Oldham is that it is in the "Mountains" here too. You can't really call them mountains, but think of a tiny rock and if it has a hill right next to the sea and the wind/snow/sleet/everything comes, what is it going to hit? The Hill...And we are on the Ocean side, not the warm side like the Leeds Mission. But No complaints here!

I love you all. I am excited for Tanner. I am out of time. =/

LOVE YOU!

Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment