Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April 10


Hello everyone,
Sorry I did not email everyone yesterday. It was a bank holiday. My head is trying to catch up with everything and everyone still. I am on exchanges at the moment with my District Leader Elder Cofone from Trinidad. He is a loving caring individual. Completely foreign to me =P no just kidding...kind of. But anyways, I just want to share something uplifting with all of you. A couple things actually.
Saturday we were tracting and we knocked on this nice little ladies house. She is 55 and very talkative and doesn't really know what is going on quite yet. However, we taught her about families and God being our father. She used to be catholic. She came to church with us this Sunday and accepted a date. Since she was a single lady we had to call for permission so she let us call and ask president if we could go inside and he said sure! =D haha
Monday we ended Preparation day early because we were not using an hour to email and would use that today. We ended it early and headed to Liverpool. We took a Less Active Sister and her son Thomas who has Down Syndrome. Thomas and I are best buds. I will try and get a picture with him before the end comes so you all can see him. He is 22 so we are alright together. We took them to see the Osmond brothers who were in town having a Family Night. It was Merril, Jay, and Jimmy. Now I never listened to them but it was great to hear them bear their testimonies and speak from the scriptures and notice the same culture in their family that we have in ours. THere is not 9 of us, but there were only 3 boys up there on stage so it was a good representation and the youngest was the leader. JIMMY. Jimmy is Thomas' favorite of the bunch.
They did not sing any of their famous songs or anything, but that is ok haha. I didn't really like their songs that much anyways! =p
I just want you to know what I know.
I love you
Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment