Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011

Hello Everyone,

This has been an interesting transfer with people falling through and other things but the main rollercoaster we have been on, besides the wayward appendix of Elder Webb, was Elaine Arnold and her teaching process. One day she was ready and then a new concern would pop up but as we held tight to the Book of Mormon and as SHE read, she felt more and more at peace with Baptism. She was baptised on Saturday and I felt a weight lifted from my shoulders. I was starting to understand that Jacob 1:19 is a lot more than just going finding diligently. We have to be willing to do all we can do to help them get there.

Elder Webb and I are trying to clean up a mess left by another missionary at the moment, and the ward is slowly coming around. But the Bishop and WML are at least coming around and having more and more confidence in us. Everyone Else...well they will take some time but I was at least able to introduce myself this week finally.

We had some great miracles this past weekend where our WML's daughter was blessed. His wife is from Zambia. It is a nice cocoa baby named Nyombai or something like that. If you say that you will be close to saying her name! haha. They had a good number of former investigators there and we were able to talk to a lot of them and went to tea later and talked to some more. We now have 5 or 6 potentials that we can go and try by!

Well, I am done with another pair of shoes that lasted me almost the summer haha. I am going to go and look at some GOOD shoes and hopefully they can last me till april...doubt it...!

I love you!

Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment