Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Week 5

Only those who knew my dad will really get any of what Skylar says in the first part of his letter, but I left it in there for those who do. ;)

14 June 2010

Oh famileeeeeeeeeeee =P How are ya?!?

So after another solid week in the mission field I have decided to make some top Ten lists about our family that you can have fun with.
Top Ten Reasons to Remember a Blackburn =P
1. There is a city named after us.
2. Do you even know what Skip-Bo is? =D
3. We know "THE DOG JOKE"
4. We know "THE RUNWAY JOKE"
5. "Do you have a hearing aid?"
6. "Do you need to urinate?"
7. Someone steals our ice cream!
8. Family Prayers
9. Family Prayers with Grandma Blackburn!!! =P
10. Popcorn and Ice Cream Sunday's

So about a couple of those. The other day my mind was wandering during the World Cup because no one was on the street nor would they open the door so I was thinking and I was trying to remember the exact way dad told the Jokes and the fact that he could never get through saying them without throwing down his Skip-Bo Cards in the middle of the joke and laughing while trying to talk and breath and slapping his knee until most LIKELY Dana has to run to the bathroom because she is going to pee herself and then Tanner has to run downstairs! All the meanwhile-Grandma is trying to figure out what is happening.

ANd then he would try again and we would all try and laugh and he would REPEAT :)

How old do you think that ice cream was?!?! It is nerveracking talking about it now knowing that she can see meeeeeee haha.

So I know Mom will chastise me if I don't give you a spiritual uplift. What could be better than above though eh?! Anyways, We have had many spiritual experiences this week and I will try and think of the best ones. Most of the times it is the small things that really just set the day straight and help us open our mouths with everyone. So here in Stoke is Stafford University where people from all around the world come to learn. It is not as big as Manchester College or other places, but they offer scholarships to people in China and India so they attract a diverse younger population. There is also the cold old white people too but you dont find a lot of fruit amongst them. It is normally the Uni students to about 35 who we have found to really be searching for some truth and open to our message.

Yesterday, was the hardest rain while we have been tracting/contacting since I have been on my mission and it was pretty sweet, not gonna lie. I did not have my umbrella on me, however, I did have my raincoat, so that was a nice blessing haha. I will send you the pictures and the water was bouncing so hard that it was actually going up my coat. My coat goes to about my knees and so anything below was completely soaked even up to my mid thigh level. Also, it was coming down so hard that even though I was completely done up, the water dripped down to about mid chest also, so my red tie was a bright red and a dark red cut right in half.

ANYWAYS, The World Cup was on so we were once again having no luck. We said a quick prayer on the street and just asked to be led to people who would let us in/set up appointments with us. 3 doors down was a lady studying for an exam that asked for us to come back tuesday night. GREAT! still in the rain though. Next Door-Appointment! GREAT! 4 doors down-A Chinese man who had been in England 3 years and 2 years ago learned about Christianity through Jehovahs Witnesses so he was apart of their church. He said when he went to church, however, it felt more like a large Bible Study, and not really a church...He recognised the Spirit while we were teaching him and described the Spirit that he normally feels as "something that gives him encouragement" which I thought was a great way to describe the Spirit. He encourages us towards the truth and its undeniable when he does! We are praying for more Chinese speaking missionaries in our mission. We currently only have 3 our of about 135 so its difficult to teach them, but they are very open. I love that.

Ok-We were able to watch the England-USA World Cup match this Saturday because President Bullock knew that 1) We would have 0 success and 2) We would most likely be in a little bit of danger with how ridiculous some stupid people are about their football. 1-1!!!!!!! perfect solution to missionary work.

I am going to attach some pictures but they load so slow or I would send you a lot more. You will enjoy the landscape for sure! I am not srue if I told you this before, but I left my camera chord at home and do need that. RIght now I am using Elder Stringham's camera chord to send you these. Also Can I have the Rob Gardner music whether it be CD or the sheet music?! Love you.

Ok...so I have tried the last 10 minutes to upload and almost lost the whole email so I will just have to try again later...Their pretty sweet =P LOVE YOU.

Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment