Saturday, December 25, 2010

Week 22

11 November 2010

AHHHHHHHHHHHH I cannot even tell you how cold it is here. And it is even colder here in Blackburn than it was in Bolton!

Oh YA! I am in BLACKBURN NOW! =P!!!! My new companion is Elder Stubbs and he is from Austrailia. He has a twin brother in the Leeds mission.

Leviticus is awesome! what are you talking about? You learn about the priesthood in there quite a bit. I am in Jeremiah 37 nowish I think...page 990 or something like that and I am reading as much as I can, but also trying to talk to my companion. There are 4 Elders here in Blackburn as well but only one crazy ward at the same time.

So, President Bullock told me he is sending me here to find family, Got a clue where I should look in Accrington, Darwen, Blackburn, anywhere surrounding that????? ANYWHERE?!?!?!? haha I love you

I LOVE YOU LOTS

Sending the family more stuff now =P
***************************************

I am now in Blackburn. Yupp Blackburn. For Christmas.

My new address is this for everyone who needs an update and all of my facebook stalkers =P:

Elder Blackburn
Apt. 10 Signal Court
21 Pickup Street
Accrington
BB5 0EY
England

I hope you all are a whole lot warmer than I AM! ITS FREEZING UP HERE NEAR THE ARCTIC! =P

My new companion is Elder Stubbs, but I gotta go get food! SO HUNGRY!

LOVE YOU!

Elder Blackburn
*********************************************
So mom asked me some interesting questions so here are my answers.

Question #1-When does my faith go Beyond to a (sure)perfect knowledge?

That is easy. Read.

Alma 32:33 And now, behold, because ye have tried the experiment, and planted the seed, and it swelleth and sprouteth, and beginneth to grow, ye must needs know that the seed is good.
34 And now, behold, is your aknowledge bperfect? Yea, your knowledge is perfect in that thing, and your cfaith is dormant; and this because you know, for ye know that the word hath swelled your souls, and ye also know that it hath sprouted up, that your understanding doth begin to be enlightened, and your dmind doth begin to expand.

So, take anyone who investigates the church for example. They are invited to pray and ask God to know if the Book of Mormon is true and if Joseph Smith is a Prophet. When they pray, and feel the Spirit confirm that what we have taught is true, then they have a perfect knowledge from a source which "man cannot give or take away".

Their knowledge, however, is not perfect in all things, but in the one thing we gain that testimony of. I know Joseph Smith is a prophet. I know the Book of Mormon is the Word of God and I know a few other things, in the which, I have a perfect knowledge and understanding of. Which makes me ask that same question you did-

Question #2-Then how does that Knowledge change our accountability?

It is a little bit trickier, but the answer is in here.

Alma 32:17 Yea, there are many who do say: If thou wilt show unto us a asign from heaven, then we shall know of a surety; then we shall believe.
18 Now I ask, is this faith? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for if a man knoweth a thing he hath no cause to abelieve, for he knoweth it.
19 And now, how much amore bcursed is he that cknoweth the dwill of God and doeth it not, than he that only believeth, or only hath cause to believe, and falleth into etransgression?
20 Now of this thing ye must judge. Behold, I say unto you, that it is on the one hand even as it is on the other; and it shall be unto every man according to his work.

Now of this thing ye must judge. I know that I will be held more accountable if I fall into transgression over someone else who does know nothing about the Restoration, Plan of Salvation, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Temple, or simply more than anyone who doesn't know Christ at all. Can I give you a percentage...? No. But I can tell you that you know what you are held accountable for. You know the light and knowledge that you have and that it is a great thing.

But however perfect our knowledge is, if we lose that Faith that we planted the seed with, then it is as it is hewn down and cast into the fire, which leads to our own condemnation.

But Blessed are Ye My Good and Faithful Servant,

I love you,

Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment