Saturday, December 25, 2010

Week 27

13 December 2010

Hello Family,

The snow is gone, the rain is back and so are the negative temperatures...not sure how that works out, but it does haha. No Worries though...there is a huge snow storm on the way from the arctic on Thursday and everyone here is a little edgy because of it haha. We shall see....

So before anything, here are some funny pictures I thought you might like to look at! This is the Nativity that is in the town center here in Accrington...

So ya it is a nativity but wait. It is a nativity of our family! Look closer! One of these things just don't belong here! =P HAHAHA and not only is there a Black wise man, but he is STEALING the GOLD! 1 in the back is kneeling. 2 on the side is about to kneel and offering his gift. and the 3rd wiseman is black and holding the gold away and trying to sneak out while everyone is looking at the baby! HAHA I thought you of all humans would enjoy this =P

(Sorry Liz, I love you too)

Elder Blackburn

PS: Sometimes, Distance is a protection =D
***********************************************************
In the past, when I have thought of the Relief Society Motto- "Charity Never Faileth". I thought ya...that is what the ladies are supposed to do and have to help one another sew quilts, knit baby hats, and bring casseroles to people. Sure great motto. But when mentioned in a talk this week I wondered about it for a second.

CHARITY NEVER FAILETH

What does that mean? What else can it mean? WHY does it matter?

What impressed upon me in a way that had not really dawned on me before is that our Father's Charity does not fail. Christ's Charity does not fail. And if we do all we can, if we simply strive to do all we can, then that charity, that sacrifice, and infinite atonement can work in my life.

I was then asked by Elder Stubbs this morning why I had X-Factor on the back of one of my AdvoCare T-Shirts and after a long explanation and blah blah blah I started thinking about the X-Factors in our own lives. The prominent X-Factor is that Christ died for us, but since we know what it is, and it CAN be applied to everyone, it is not really an X-Factor. Our individual X-Factors are our own efforts and desires which is why in the scriptures it says we are judged by our works and desires.

Our Loving Heavenly Father wants you back, wants us all back! He wants us back better. That is why we are here and He understands we will make mistakes, grievous mistakes that take grievous punishment, but He is still merciful nevertheless and will always let His Charity shine forward. Trust in Him and leave your Heart Open.

I love you all and hope this lifted your spirits.

Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment